Using Unpaid Funeral Services
There are several advantages to pre-paying funeral services. Specifically, it allows you to financially prepare, while reducing a burden on your loved ones. We’d like to walk you through a few of the reasons why people choose to use prepaid services.
- It allows you to use a variety of financial options. Pre-paid funeral services allow you to use money from life insurance policies or pre-funded plans in order to pay for your funeral services and merchandise. You can discuss these options with a funeral director and/or your financial and legal advisors.
- Pre-paid services save your family money. When you prepay, it means that your loved ones won’t have to pay for your funeral and burial services themselves. Instead of your funeral being a potential burden for your family, they can instead concentrate on celebrating your life.
- Your funeral plans will be overseen by a licensed funeral director. When you prepay, funeral staff will also ask what kind of preparations you’d like to make. A funeral director will be able to guide you in financial matters, service choices, and burial or cremation plans.
- You can choose your service and funeral details. This includes choosing the funeral home, the visitation time, the religious, secular, or military services, and the final disposition. There are many choices when it comes to your last wishes—for instance, some people may prefer cremation to whole body burial. Some want a private burial, while others prefer a traditional, public visitation. Any of these can be achieved through pre-paid plans.
- You can arrange plans for burial. If you would like to purchase a plot at a cemetery or a space at a mausoleum for you and other family members, pre-paying will allow you to pick exactly what you want and where you want it. If you prefer a certain cemetery that allows upright headstones (or perhaps one that doesn’t), these plans can all be laid out in advance. You can decide on your burial option ahead of time and arrange financial details.
- You can arrange all of this at your leisure. With a pre-payment plan, you won’t be rushed. Pre-paying means that you can think about or talk about some of the choices that you have. You’ll likely want to do research about different services, burial options, and financial arrangements that make the most sense for you.
If you have any questions, Beinhauer Family Funeral Home and Cremation Services is always just a phone call away, or we can come to meet you at one of our funeral homes or your home to discuss your wishes. With so many organizational and financial benefits to pre-planning in the Pittsburgh area, we find that many people want to take advantage of this service.