Need a Pet Obituary
When you pet passes away, you will probably feel the need to grieve, just as you would for a person who you were very close to. Many funeral homes that have pet services attached, such as a crematorium and cemetery, will run pet obituaries online for you.
Crafting a Pet Obituary
- Tell a Story. How did you get your pet? Was he found walking around your neighborhood, and you took him in, waiting to hear from the owner . . . and you never did? Did you adopt her from the Humane Society? Or maybe she was in the window of the local pet store, and she became your dog even before you bought her? The story of how you got your pet is near and dear to your heart, so write about it. It’s a way of working through your grief while paying tribute to such a wonderful part of your family. When you’re finished with the story, you’ll feel better—and yes, you will probably shed some tears—but it’s the perfect way to tell the world how much you loved your friend.
- Talk About Their Favorite Activities. Now, talk about what your pet loved to do. Maybe she loved chasing the laser pointer, or all he wanted to do was jump in the pool and swim with the family. If they were known for obeying their masters every time, you should mention their extraordinary behavior. If they accompanied you on hikes or just enjoyed sitting with you by the fire, talk about it.
- Mention What They Looked Like. Did your rabbit have a beautiful black-and-white coat of fur? Did your cat have bright blue eyes that would peer out at you from your bed? Talk about what they looked like and what their distinguishing characteristics were.
- Describe Their Personality. Just like people, every pet has their own personality. Some are sweet, some standoffish—but you loved everything about them. If your dog loved snuggling up to you during a thunderstorm, or would howl along while you sang “Happy Birthday,” a pet obituary is the place to remember that.
- Thank Them. They were your loyal companion—maybe for a few years, maybe for many. Regardless of the amount of time that they spent with you, you should thank them for their love, their companionship, and their friendship. They helped to make your family what it is today and that should be recognized.
Celebrate your pet’s life with a pet tribute at a place like Peaceful Pastures, Beinhauer’s pet cemetery, crematory, and funeral home. Call us today to discuss a pet obituary and other pet services.