When a beloved pet dies, pet owners now often choose pet cremation as an alternative to burial. At Peaceful Pastures, we offer cremation services that can be arranged along with special funeral or memorial arrangements.
Peaceful Pastures will help you plan and arrange a pet cremation. Our services are designed to allow you to focus on your pet’s memory. If your pet dies at your home, at a vet’s office, or at any location, call us. We will respond right away and are happy to talk to you and discuss your options. We answer our phones 24 hours a day and seven days a week. You can also bring your pet to us.
Dog and Cat Cremation
Prior to your dog or cat’s cremation, we will help you plan a funeral or memorial service and talk to you about the pet cremation process. Families often have a short visitation with their pet before the cremation takes place. Following a cremation, a pet’s remains can be brought to the Peaceful Pastures pet cemetery where the urn is buried. Our cemetery, within the rolling hills of the southern Pittsburgh area, welcomes all visitors.
Larger Animal Cremation
Peaceful Pastures can also help you arrange cremation for larger animals, such as a horse. We can assist you with the transportation of your pet to our location, and we’ll respond any time of the day or night. We are happy to help you plan a cremation, and we’ll make sure that have a visitation beforehand so you can once more see your pet.
Pittsburgh Area Pet Cremation Services
Peaceful Pastures offers three choices: private cremation, partitioned cremation or a communal cremation.
- Private or partitioned cremation: With this option, your pet’s cremains will be returned to you in an urn for a burial, to scatter the ashes, or to keep at home. Many pet owners choose to have the urn buried on cemetery property and then design a granite or bronze monument to will mark their pet’s grave. Owners can also place the urn in a niche in a columbarium at Peaceful Pastures, and then visit their pet at any time.
- Communal cremation. Families who don’t wish to have their pet’s cremated body returned to them can choose a communal cremation. The pets’ remains will be scattered on the Peaceful Pastures cemetery property. This option is preferred by many pet owners, because they enjoy visiting the cemetery with other pets and family members.
Advanced Planning for Pet Cremation Services
We find that pet owners who plan ahead are comforted by our pre-planning services during what is a very difficult time. We will work with you so that you can make important decisions ahead of time, including:
- how to financially prepare for pet cremation
- creating a service by which to remember your pet
- choosing an urn and a committal service
- deciding if you would like to scatter your pet’s remains, choose a burial in the cemetery, or place the urn in our columbarium
Our staff can explain all of the available options that are included with the pet crematory services. We can write a custom service or guide you as you craft one.
Because pets are family, Peaceful Pastures offers the same options for funeral and memorial arrangements that are available to humans. While burial is a popular option, cremation is another choice that many pet parents find comforting.