Woodruff Memorial Park
The important act of selecting your final resting place, or that of a loved one, requires careful consideration. The professionals at Woodruff Memorial Park acknowledge and respect your right to choose from a complete selection of memorial options, including traditional burial, mausoleum entombment or cremation memorialization.
Final touches are being made to the newly constructed Woodruff Memorial Mausoleum and Chapel. Call 724-745-7008 today for complete information about special discounted prices on spaces in this elegant, spacious non-denominational mausoleum and beautifully appointed chapel. The state-of-the-art design allows you to choose a single crypt, multiple crypts or a family alcove. Custom, private mausoleums can be built to family specifications.
The two-story mausoleum has been constructed of poured-in-place reinforced concrete and finished with imported Italian granite and marble. Included are over 1,100 interior and exterior crypts, and 1000 cremation niches. The interior features a stunning Pennsylvania Countryside scene of sculpted bronze crypt fronts. A special Columbarium Wing, to be known as the Library, will have all 700 glass and bronze front niches with bookend urns.
Woodruff Memorial park is centrally located on Route 19 South between Washington and Pittsburgh. The Memorial Park is centered on the 155 acre site of the panoramic Woodruff Farm. Beautiful surroundings, accessibility for family and friends, and a full range of memorialization options are important to the families we serve.
Please visit Woodruff Memorial Park, or call 724-745-7008 to receive more information about limited time special grave pricing. The public is reminded that a FREE GRAVE SPACE is always provided to ANY VETERAN. One of our experienced staff members would be pleased to share – - at no obligation – - information you desire regarding pre-need and/or at-need cemetery options. Visitors are always welcome.
Burial Cremation Mausoleum
Types of Memorial Property
Elements of In-Ground Burial:
- Interment Space (Single or Double Depth)
- Outer Burial Container
- Cremation Burial
- Urn Vault
- Opening and Closing Fees
- Mausoleum Niche Spaces
- In-Ground Burial
Cremation with Memorialization
- Chapel Mausoleum Niche Space
- Glass Front
- Marble Front
- Garden Mausoleum Niche Space
- Granite Front
- In-Ground Interment Space
- Ground Burial
- Interment Space
- Outer Burial Container
- Opening and Closing Fees
- In-Ground Cremation Options
- Interment Space
- Urn Vault
- Interment Fee
- Ground Burial
- Mausoleum Crypts ‐ Above Ground
- Indoor Chapel Crypts
- Outdoor Garden Crypts
Private Estate Mausoleum
- Hand crafted polished granite of unparalleled strength, durability and beauty
- Provides a private structure in a personal setting
- Eliminates the need for additional memorials and burial vaults
- Personalized entombment services held at mausoleum site
- Crypt front identified with incised lettering, ensuring permanent memorialization
New Chapel & Garden Mausoleums
- Unsurpassed example of strength, durability and beauty
- Adorned with marble and granite
- Religious features placed throughout the mausoleum complex, inspiring prayer and meditation
- Personalized entombment services held in the beautifully appointed chapel or open-air courtyard
- Crypt front identified with bronze plaque, ensuring permanent memorialization
Advantages of Mausoleum Crypt Entombment
- Easy to Locate
- Year round Visitations
- Conserves land space
- Immaculate ‐ clean and dry
- Fixed cost prevents inflation
- Total costs are comparable to those of ground burial
- Entombment can take place on short notice, if necessary
- Eliminates need for burial vault and memorial
Pre-arrangement is a thoughtful method of funeral and cemetery planning that has grown in popularity. People make these arrangements with the desire to avoid burdening their families, while others are pleased at the thought of having taken care of everything independently. People also make these decisive choices when they have no family or children to make arrangements for them.
With pre-arrangement, you have positive assurance that the funeral and final resting place will represent your personal lifestyle and beliefs. Making arrangements when you are able, through careful thought and active discussions with all involved, will make clear your wishes with regard to visitation, memorial services and manner of final disposition. You arrange exactly the type of funeral service you desire, for yourself or for family members, and bring peace of mind to your loved ones. Beinhauer Family Services and the staff of Woodruff Memorial Park have always been sensitive to family needs, arranging a funeral and burial, or final disposition that celebrates the life of the deceased.
The information needed for legal forms and important paperwork for your funeral or cremation arrangements will be handled only by a licensed funeral director. Your burial arrangements will only be handled by an experienced cemeterian.
An investment made in a pre-arranged, pre-financed funeral, burial or cremation is protected by law. This plan is available regardless of age or physical condition.
Outlined below are several important advantages of making pre-arrangements for your funeral:
- Your family will not face financial burdens because your affairs will be in order
- Your family will be informed about your funeral preferences
- Your family is relieved of the burden of payment
- You can assure adequate funds for your pre-arranged funeral
- Your investment is secure
- Your funds are protected from inflation
- Your funds are not considered an asset when applying for Medicaid benefits
- You may select the payment plan and method that suits you
- No physical examination is required
Nowhere is the need for advance planning of burial and funeral services more important than in the situation where the individual has reviewed all of the available options and decided to select cremation. Pre-planning is critical.
Most of us make our own decisions about daily life and future plans. We control the final distribution of our assets and care of our survivors through life insurance policies and provisions in a will. The same attentive care given to these decisions should also be extended to the decision about cremation.
What advanced planning should you do?
- Research and understand the teaching of your faith community.
- Discuss the choice with those closest to you to ensure their ability to deal with your wishes, should you pre-decease them.
- Consult with experienced professionals about arrangements that can be made in advance. Selections would include choice of cemetery, decision about in ground or above ground interment of the cremated remains, selection of appropriate urn, and provisions for payment in advance of all items that can be secured.
- Study and be familiar with the variety of funeral service options provided for the benefit of you and your family, services that have traditionally included a visitation, final celebration with the body present, and a committal service. Take into account the time necessary to perform the cremation, and factor that into the schedule of these celebrations. This will be especially important when the decision for cremation is based on the desire to be buried at a distance from the place of death.
- Become knowledgeable about your choices in regards to caskets and urns. Most crematories require that a body be enclosed in a rigid container providing for the dignity of the deceased, and the health and safety of the crematory operator.
Some Legal Considerations:
Each state sets the list of parties who can authorize a cremation. The area where conflict may arise is among children and other relatives. Clear and firm documentation of a deceased’s wishes for final arrangements is the best way to avoid family conflicts.
For complete details on our secure inflation-proof pre-need plan, please call us at 724-969-0200. All of Beinhauer’s facilities are locally owned by licensed funeral professionals with generations of service to families. Our counsel is a free service to you that has been available since 1860. We would be happy to meet with you in the comfort of your home, at any of our many convenient facilities, or the location of your choice. No obligation is incurred and your family is certain to benefit. Call one of our caring cemeterians at 724-745-7008 to answer any questions you may have.
Woodruff Memorial Park Cemetery highlights include:
- Traditional in ground burial with monument choices ranging from flush bronze markers to stately granite upright memorials
- Cremation scattering gardens featuring memorial walks and walls, with an adjacent garden to provide for in-ground burial of cremated remains
- Private estate lots
- Private family mausoleums
- Community Mausoleum offering single crypt, multiple companion crypts, or a family alcove with granite crypt fronts that can be inscribed with individual names, dates and religious or artistic symbols
- Special Veterans’ Section dedicated to those who so valiantly served our country
Woodruff Memorial Park is an endowed care cemetery with numerous grave, mausoleum, Columbarium and niche sites that are available for many years to come. In addition, the cemetery still has considerable land space in which to expand. Our customized payment plans can be designed to fit any budget.
Land has been set aside for free burial of children who have been victims of violence or abuse. The National Watchful Shepherd Monument will be built on that land to serve as a visible tribute and constant reminder of those children.
Peaceful Pastures Pet Cemetery
Nestled in the gently rolling hills along Route 19 South between Washington and Pittsburgh, Peaceful Pastures Pet Cemetery offers acres of panoramic views and pastoral charm. Selected for its bucolic setting and convenient location Peaceful Pastures was established in 1998 as a final resting place for faithful pets by experienced funeral service professionals and committed animal lovers.
Peaceful Pastures services are available to families at need seven (7) days a week via a paging system. Staff is available to come to the home, a Veterinary Hospital, or most locations for a pet. Please call 724-745-8502 to schedule an appointment or get more information about any of our services. Visitors always welcome.