Knowing Your Options
In the past few decades, cremation has become much more common, especially in certain parts of the country. Cremation is also similar to traditional services in many ways, making it an attractive option for those who are pondering pre-burial choices.
What Services are Available for Those Choosing Cremation?
Beinhauer Family Funeral Homes and Cremation Services offer several options that include:
- A funeral service with cremation. Many people mistakenly believe that cremation must be performed immediately. You may choose a traditional funeral service, ceremony, and viewing, which includes embalming and a ceremonial casket. This is very much like a traditional burial service, with funeral staff working with you or your loved ones.
- Cremation followed by a cemetery service. An individual may wish to have their cremated body buried while loved ones attend a graveside service.
- A memorial service following cremation. Sometimes, a person will choose to have a memorial service following cremation so that a convenient time and location can be picked for loved ones and out-of-town guests.
There are several reasons why a family may choose to have non-public visitation services for their loved one:
- Visits by Special Friends. If the deceased was a member of a particular social group or club, they may be invited to a service prior to a public service, cremation, or burial.
- Religious Ceremonies. Some people prefer that a private religious service is held with just close family and friends.
- Preference of the Family. Some families prefer to keep their mourning private, and instead set up a memorial service to remember the life of the deceased a few weeks or months after their burial.
- Preference of the Deceased. Those who have pre-planned their cremation service may ask that a non-public visitation be held before the public service.
Beinhauer Family Funeral Homes and Cremation Services offers many pre-planning services for those who would like to arrange their services and/or cremation, including non-public visitation requests. Call us at any one of our Pittsburgh-area locations today if you have questions about visitation services. Each family receives special consideration for their own unique service.